Spaghetti Frutti di Mare
The ultimate spaghetti Frutti di Mare recipe, made with vongole, mussels, squid and shrimp. Aglio Olio classic style of seafood spaghetti, better than your favorite Italian restaurant.
1 kg vongole and/or mussels cleaned well
400 g wild shrimp peeled
400 g baby calamares cleaned well
2 dl extra virgin olive oil
4 tbs Aglio Olio Peperoncino
3 dl white wine
1 bunch chopped flat leaved parsley
1 packet Spaghetti ( 500 g)
250 g small sweet plume tomatoes or cherry tomatoes halved
sea salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until Al Dente. Drain and save 1 cup of the salty pasta water.
- Meanwhile heat up a deep skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil, tomatoes and Aglio Olio Peperoncino mix. Stir quickly making sure not to burn the spice.
- Add in the vongole and mussels and toss them around.
Pour in the white wine and cover with a lid. Cook for about a minute or so until the clams start to open.
Add the shrimp and calamares to the skillet with clams and give it a stir. Cover and cook for another minute or so.
- Taste for seasonings with more Aglio Olio and add sea salt if needed.
- Turn down the spaghetti in the deep skillet and stir carefully together the clams, sauce and spaghetti. Sprinkle over parsley and some more olive oil.
(If you are not a purist – finish of with some grinded Parmigiano Reggiano)
- Serve when hot and enjoy!